EXPLANATIONS FOR THE SESSION
Session guidelines will be sent by email to session speakers and chairs prior to the conference. This guidelines contains information about the session program for the speaker or chair who attended the session: the guidelines includes the session time, participant names and the session schedule information with the Turkish and English title of the paper, as well as the abstract in Turkish and/or English with academic contact information such as the participant's title and the institution to which he/she is affiliated. Speakers and chairs must check his/her e-mail before the session starts, updates about the session will be sent via e-mail.
Presentations are assembled in sessions according to common themes and each session will be assigned a single virtual room: Please participate the meeting via meet.israiliyat.com or Google Meet (cnh-jnog-dkn) code.
A chair will coordinate each session. The ninety-minute sessions will consist of approximately three or four 15-minute presentations, each followed by a five-minute question period. Please use the Q&A section of the Google Meet to ask questions during the meetings.
• During the presentation, be familiar with sharing the screen, “Present now”, using a jamboard, previewing your video and sound, troubleshoot camera and presentation issues.
• If the audio is not clear, the saver mode can be turned on, the video and audio settings can be changed, the camera can be turned off completely. If you can't hear your voice at all, learn how to troubleshoot audio issues Troubleshoot video & audio quality and fix sound problems in Windows 10
• Every speaker must attend the live Q&A session moderated by the chair.
• All sessions will be recorded to Meet Recordings in Google Drive and then uploaded to the Journal YouTube Channel. Conference attendance confers permission to record. Calling to all participants: Please fill out the Registration Form and Evaluation survey via google forms.
• You can access video call details, viewing attachments and sessions recordings (kayitlar.israiliyat.com) webpage address.
• 10 minutes before the session: The host will open the designated Meet meeting.
• 5 minutes before the session start time: The chair will give preliminary information about the session.
• At session start time: The chair will call the session to order and the host will announce that recording has begun.
You must enter virtual room via meet.israiliyat.com or Google Meet (cnh-jnog-dkn) code at least 5 minutes before the session starts.
Please check your email before the session starts, updates about the session is sent via email.
• During the presentation, answer the written questions and audio questions in the Q&A section at the end of the session moderated by the chair.
You can be invited to the conference a guest through the ICIJS’23 meeting in Google Calendar, or the Google Meet code (cnh-jnog-dkn)or URL address forwarding address (meet.israiliyat.com) can be shared with them.
• The pre-recorded presentations are replayed in the sessions. Participants who submit pre-recorded presentations are expected to participate live in the question/discussion period (simulive method).
In order to be useful during the editing of the videos, due to the possibility of the chair’s forgetting, the start time and end time of the presentation must be written and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When sharing documents, presentations spreadsheets, pictures, videos, etc. by a sharing the screen, window or tab in Google Meet, both windows should be resized in order to see both the shared window or tab and the window of the Google Meet page on the screen at the same time. This will make it easier to manage the presentation.
It is possible to present your speeches "simulive". The simulive method allows to play back the speakers' pre-recorded presentation followed by a live question/discussion section.
Explanations for Session Chairs
5 minutes before the Session: The Session Chair enter the virtual room via meet.israiliyat.com or Google Meet (cnh-jnog-dkn) code at. He/she ask participants to mute their voices during the session.
At session start time: The chair begins by introducing the session after the host announces that recording has begun.
Before Presentation: The Moderator introduces the presenter.
When a presentation ends, the moderator ask the presenter to turn off their microphone.
The Moderator will conduct a live Q&A Session after all or every talk. He/she read the chat/ written questions and receive voice questions.
Inform the audience about sending messages to ask written questions, asking questions (Events Q&A), using captions, using shortcuts, raising hand for speakimg or askimg a question after the presentation.
If time is short, the Moderator may ask by selecting questions.
The Moderator may offer an evaluatin of a presentation and ask questions about it.
If appropriate, the Moderator may extend the session’s duration in a way that does not interfere with the other sessions.
In order to be useful during the editing of the videos, the start time and end time of the presentation must be written and send to email@example.com.
The Moderator will conclude the session.